Thursday, August 4, 2016

Review: Party of One: A Memoir in 21 Songs by Dave Holmes



Author: Dave Holmes

Genre: Memoir

Page Count: 290

Publisher: Crown Archetype

Release Date: June 28th 2016

My Rating: ★★★☆☆


       Music enthused from beginning to end, Dave Holmes recaps his life thus far, high lighting on events/songs that helped define him. This book was insightful, in that I don't think heterosexuals will ever or could ever fully understand the challenges with being gay and coming out. Dave Holmes touches on this and in a humble way that makes you admire him. He also gives you a brief glimpse into the network industry and MTV.  I respect the honesty in this book. A guy who knows he's different at a young age and searches for his "home" left and right, before realizing he was home all along and just had to embrace it. 

Highlights and Thoughts:
  • I've never heard of the show "Dude, This Sucks" and I do not regret this. 
  • The fecal catastrophe Dave paints in one of his chapters, ugh, and it comes as no shock to me that the girls effected were cleaned up by money. 
  • I also found this book humorous, rating women/men on a scale of cheese, introducing me to the word "hornliness," the mild celebrity being treated like a guy with his fly down, etc. There's no doubt that Dave Holmes is funny.

       I recieved this book through a giveaway listed by Crown Publishing Group on Goodreads.com, in return this is my honest opinion and review of the reading.

RAD MOUTH

No comments:

Post a Comment